What is the antonym of “cheated”?
The antonyms of cheated are honest and fair. The antonyms honest and fair convey a positive and ethical behavior. It implies a lack of deception, fraud, or injustice.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Behaving in a truthful, sincere, and straightforward manner.
She was always honest with her friends and never kept secrets from them.
Treating everyone equally and impartially; not showing favoritism or bias.
The teacher graded all the students' papers fairly and did not give any special treatment to anyone.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Honest refers to a person's character and behavior, while fair refers to actions and decisions.
- 2Honest implies truthfulness and sincerity, while fair implies impartiality and equality.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Integrity: Use honest to describe someone who is truthful and sincere.
- 2Justice and Equality: Use fair to describe actions and decisions that are impartial and equal.
- 3Business Ethics: Incorporate these antonyms in business contexts to promote honesty and fairness in dealings and transactions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Honest refers to a person's character and behavior, while fair refers to actions and decisions. Use these words to describe personal integrity, justice and equality, and promote business ethics.