Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a dull or rounded edge or point; not sharp.
The blunt knife couldn't cut through the tough meat.
Having a smooth, curved shape without sharp angles or edges.
The pebbles on the beach had been worn down by the waves, making them rounded and smooth.
Having an even and regular surface or texture; not rough or bumpy.
The baby's skin was smooth and soft to the touch.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Blunt refers to something that lacks a sharp edge or point.
- 2Rounded describes something with a smooth, curved shape without sharp angles or edges.
- 3Smooth refers to something that has an even and regular surface or texture.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Physical Characteristics: Use these antonyms to describe the shape, texture, or edge of objects.
- 2Artistic Expression: Incorporate these words in art or design projects to create contrast and visual interest.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in descriptive writing to paint vivid pictures in the reader's mind.
The antonyms of chiseled are blunt, rounded, and smooth. These words describe different physical characteristics that are opposite to the sharp, defined features of something that is chiseled. Use these words to describe physical characteristics, artistic expression, and creative writing.