What is the antonym of “chosen”?
The antonyms of chosen are rejected and unpopular. The antonyms rejected and unpopular convey a negative or unwanted state. It implies that something or someone is not accepted or favored.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Dismissed as inadequate, unacceptable, or not meeting the required standards.
His job application was rejected because he did not meet the qualifications.
Not liked or approved by many people; not popular.
The new policy was unpopular among the employees because it reduced their benefits.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Rejected implies that something or someone is dismissed as inadequate or not meeting the required standards.
- 2Unpopular implies that something or someone is not liked or approved by many people.
Good things to know
- 1Express Disapproval: Use rejected and unpopular to express disapproval or dissatisfaction.
- 2Describe Situations: Use these antonyms to describe situations where something or someone is not accepted or favored.
- 3Discuss Opinions: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions to express different opinions and perspectives.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Rejected implies dismissal as inadequate or not meeting the required standards, while unpopular implies not being liked or approved by many people. Use these words to express disapproval, describe situations, and discuss opinions.