What is the antonym of “chummy”?
The antonyms of chummy are unfriendly, distant, and cold. These words describe a lack of warmth, friendliness, or closeness in relationships.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not exhibiting kindness or warmth; aloof or hostile.
The new neighbor was unfriendly and never returned our greetings.
Emotionally or physically separated; not close or intimate.
After the argument, the couple became distant and stopped communicating.
Lacking affection or warmth; unfriendly or unresponsive.
Her boss's cold demeanor made her feel unwelcome and uncomfortable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unfriendly describes someone who is actively hostile or aloof.
- 2Distant describes someone who is emotionally or physically separated.
- 3Cold describes someone who is lacking in warmth or affection.
Good things to know
- 1Social Situations: Use these antonyms to describe people's behavior or attitudes in social situations.
- 2Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the level of intimacy or closeness in relationships.
- 3Describing Characters: Use these antonyms to create well-rounded characters in stories or essays.
The antonyms of chummy describe a lack of warmth, friendliness, or closeness in relationships. Use unfriendly to describe someone who is actively hostile, distant to describe someone who is emotionally or physically separated, and cold to describe someone who is lacking in warmth or affection. These antonyms can be used in social situations, relationships, and character descriptions.