What is the antonym of “coincide”?
The antonyms of coincide are differ, disagree, and clash. The antonyms convey a sense of disagreement or lack of harmony between two or more things.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To be unlike or distinct in nature, quality, or form.
Their opinions differed on the best way to solve the problem.
To have a different opinion or belief from someone else; to not be in accord or harmony.
They disagreed on the best course of action to take.
To come into conflict or opposition with something or someone.
The two teams clashed in a heated debate over the issue.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Differ implies a distinction or variation between two or more things.
- 2Disagree suggests a difference of opinion or belief.
- 3Clash connotes a more forceful and confrontational disagreement or opposition.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use differ, disagree, and clash to express differences of opinion or belief.
- 2Describe Conflicts: Utilize these antonyms to describe conflicts or disagreements between people or groups.
- 3Discuss Ideas: Incorporate these words in discussions to explore different perspectives and ideas.