What is the antonym of “comment”?
The antonyms of comment are question and inquiry. While a comment is a statement expressing an opinion or reaction, a question or inquiry is an expression of curiosity or request for information.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
An expression of inquiry that invites or seeks information.
Do you have any questions about the lesson?
A request for information or investigation into a matter.
The company received an inquiry from a potential customer about their product.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Question is a direct request for information, while comment is an expression of opinion or reaction.
- 2Inquiry is a more formal request for information or investigation into a matter, while comment is a more casual expression of opinion.
Good things to know
- 1In Academic Settings: Use question and inquiry in academic discussions to seek clarification or gather information.
- 2In Customer Service: Use question and inquiry to respond to customer inquiries and requests for information.
- 3In Social Settings: Use comment to express opinions or reactions in casual conversations with friends and family.
The antonyms of comment are question and inquiry. Use question to directly request information and inquiry to formally investigate a matter. Use comment to express opinions or reactions in casual conversations.