The Opposite(Antonym) of “compunctive”
The antonyms of compunctive are unrepentant and unapologetic. The antonyms unrepentant and unapologetic convey a lack of remorse or guilt. They imply that the person is not sorry for their actions and does not feel the need to apologize.
Explore all Antonyms of “compunctive”
Definitions and Examples of unrepentant, unapologetic
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not feeling or showing regret or remorse for one's actions.
Even after being caught, he remained unrepentant and refused to apologize.
Not feeling or expressing regret or remorse for one's actions.
She was unapologetic about her behavior and didn't care what others thought.
Key Differences: unrepentant vs unapologetic
- 1Unrepentant implies a lack of regret or remorse for one's actions, while unapologetic implies a lack of apology or expression of regret.
- 2Unrepentant may suggest a more defiant attitude, while unapologetic may suggest a more indifferent attitude.
Effective Usage of unrepentant, unapologetic
- 1Expressing Lack of Remorse: Use unrepentant and unapologetic to describe someone who is not sorry for their actions.
- 2Discussing Ethics: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about morality and ethical behavior.
- 3Writing Fiction: Utilize these antonyms in character development to create complex and nuanced personalities.
The antonyms unrepentant and unapologetic convey a lack of remorse or guilt. While unrepentant implies a lack of regret or remorse, unapologetic implies a lack of apology or expression of regret. These words can be used to express a lack of remorse, discuss ethics, and develop complex characters in fiction writing.