What is the antonym of “conceity”?
The antonyms of conceity are humble and modest. These antonyms describe a person's attitude towards themselves and others. While conceity implies an exaggerated sense of self-importance, humble and modest convey a more grounded and respectful approach.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's importance.
Despite his success, he remained humble and always treated others with respect.
Having or showing a moderate or humble estimate of one's merits, importance, or value.
She was a talented musician, but she remained modest and never boasted about her skills.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humble describes a person who has a modest or low estimate of their importance.
- 2Modest describes a person who has a moderate or humble estimate of their merits, importance, or value.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Development: Use humble and modest to cultivate a grounded and respectful attitude towards oneself and others.
- 2Social Interactions: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to show respect and appreciation for others.
- 3Professional Settings: Utilize these antonyms in job interviews or performance reviews to demonstrate humility and modesty.