What is the antonym of “conglomeration”?
The antonyms of conglomeration are separation and disintegration. The antonyms separation and disintegration convey the opposite meaning of conglomeration, which is the act of combining different things into a single entity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of dividing or disconnecting something into parts or pieces.
The separation of the two countries was marked by a border wall.
The process of breaking down or falling apart into smaller pieces or components.
The old building was in a state of disintegration and needed to be demolished.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separation refers to the act of dividing or disconnecting something into parts or pieces, while conglomeration refers to the act of combining different things into a single entity.
- 2Disintegration refers to the process of breaking down or falling apart into smaller pieces or components, while conglomeration refers to the act of bringing different things together into a single entity.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use conglomeration to describe the merger of different companies, and separation to describe the division of a company into smaller entities.
- 2Science: Use disintegration to describe the process of decay or decomposition of organic matter, and conglomeration to describe the formation of a conglomerate rock.
- 3Daily Life: Use separation to describe the act of dividing household chores or separating recyclable materials, and conglomeration to describe the mixing of different ingredients in a recipe.