What is the antonym of “connection”?
The antonyms of connection are disconnection and separation. The antonyms disconnection and separation convey a lack of connection or relationship between two or more things.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being disconnected or lacking a connection.
The disconnection between the two countries led to a breakdown in communication.
The act of separating or being separated; a state of being apart.
The separation of the two lovers was heartbreaking.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disconnection implies a lack of connection or relationship between two or more things, while separation refers to the act of separating or being separated.
- 2Disconnection is a state of being disconnected, while separation is an action that leads to a state of being apart.
Good things to know
- 1Technology: Use disconnection to describe technical issues with devices or networks.
- 2Relationships: Use separation to describe the act of breaking up or ending a relationship.
- 3Emotions: Use disconnection and separation to describe feelings of loneliness or isolation.
The antonyms of connection are disconnection and separation. Disconnection implies a lack of connection or relationship, while separation refers to the act of separating or being separated. These words can be used in various contexts such as technology, relationships, and emotions.