What is the antonym of “consorted”?
The antonyms of consorted are avoid, shun, and disagree. These words convey the opposite meaning of consorted, which means to associate or spend time with someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep away from someone or something; to evade or stay clear of.
She decided to avoid her ex-boyfriend at the party to prevent any awkward encounters.
To deliberately avoid or reject someone or something; to keep away from or ignore.
The community shunned the man who was accused of stealing from the church.
To have a different opinion, belief, or feeling than someone else; to not be in harmony or accord.
They disagreed on the best way to solve the problem and couldn't come to a consensus.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Avoid implies actively staying away from someone or something to prevent contact or involvement.
- 2Shun suggests a deliberate rejection or exclusion of someone or something.
- 3Disagree refers to a difference of opinion or belief, rather than a physical avoidance or rejection.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express different shades of meaning.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create more nuanced characters and situations.
- 3Enrich Discussions: Utilize these antonyms in conversations to express disagreement or to describe situations where people avoid or reject each other.
The antonyms of consorted are avoid, shun, and disagree. These words convey different shades of meaning related to avoiding, rejecting, or disagreeing with someone or something. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your discussions.