What is the antonym of “contraindicative”?
The antonyms of contraindicative are advisable, appropriate, and suitable. These antonyms convey a positive or beneficial meaning, implying that something is recommended or suitable for a particular purpose.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Wise or prudent to do; recommended.
It is advisable to wear a helmet while riding a bike.
Suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, or occasion.
It is not appropriate to wear casual clothes to a formal event.
Fitting or appropriate for a particular purpose or situation.
This dress is suitable for a job interview.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Advisable implies that something is wise or prudent to do.
- 2Appropriate suggests that something is fitting or suitable for a particular purpose or occasion.
- 3Suitable means that something is fitting or appropriate for a particular purpose or situation.
Good things to know
- 1Professional Settings: Use advisable, appropriate, and suitable in professional settings to convey recommendations and suitability.
- 2Everyday Conversations: Incorporate these antonyms in everyday conversations to express opinions and preferences.
- 3Academic Writing: Utilize these antonyms in academic writing to demonstrate a nuanced understanding of the topic.
The antonyms of contraindicative have positive connotations. Advisable implies wisdom, appropriate suggests suitability, and suitable denotes appropriateness. These words can be used in professional settings, everyday conversations, and academic writing to convey recommendations, suitability, and nuanced understanding.