What is the antonym of “contrivable”?
The antonyms of contrivable are impossible, unimaginable, and inconceivable. These words convey the idea that something cannot be done or achieved.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not able to occur, exist, or be done.
It's impossible to travel faster than the speed of light.
Difficult or impossible to imagine or comprehend.
The destruction caused by the earthquake was unimaginable.
Not capable of being imagined or grasped mentally; unbelievable.
It's inconceivable that he would betray his best friend.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Impossible refers to something that cannot be done or achieved, while unimaginable and inconceivable describe something that is difficult or impossible to imagine or comprehend.
- 2Unimaginable implies that something is beyond one's imagination, while inconceivable suggests that something is unbelievable or unthinkable.
Good things to know
- 1Problem-solving: Use impossible to describe situations that cannot be solved.
- 2Creative Writing: Incorporate unimaginable and inconceivable in stories to create suspense and intrigue.
- 3Daily Conversation: Use these antonyms to express disbelief or doubt.