What is the antonym of “cooled”?
The antonyms of cooled are heated, warmed, and intensified. These words convey the opposite meaning of cooled, which is to reduce the temperature or intensity of something.
See all the antonyms of “cooled”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Made warm or hot; having a high temperature.
The heated argument between the two friends eventually led to a physical fight.
Made slightly hot or comfortable.
She warmed her hands by the fire on a cold winter evening.
To make something stronger or more extreme.
The storm intensified as it approached the coast, causing widespread damage.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Heated refers to an increase in temperature, while cooled means a decrease in temperature.
- 2Warmed implies a slight increase in temperature, whereas cooled implies a significant decrease in temperature.
- 3Intensified refers to an increase in strength or power, which is different from cooled that refers to a decrease in temperature or intensity.
Good things to know
- 1Cooking: Use heated and warmed to describe food that has been cooked or prepared.
- 2Weather: Use intensified to describe weather conditions that are becoming more severe.
- 3Science: Use these antonyms in scientific contexts to describe changes in temperature or intensity.
The antonyms of cooled are heated, warmed, and intensified. These words have different meanings and can be used in various contexts such as cooking, weather, and science. Use them to communicate effectively and accurately.