What is the antonym of “corporal”?
The antonyms of corporal are mental, spiritual, and officer. The antonyms convey different meanings and contexts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to the mind or intellect; involving mental processes.
She was struggling with mental health issues and needed professional help.
Relating to the spirit or soul, as opposed to material or physical things.
He found solace in spiritual practices such as meditation and prayer.
A person in a position of authority in the military or police force.
The officer in charge gave orders to his subordinates.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mental refers to the mind or intellect, while corporal refers to the body or physical aspects.
- 2Spiritual refers to the spirit or soul, as opposed to material or physical things, while corporal refers to the body or physical aspects.
- 3Officer is a relational antonym that describes a person in a position of authority in the military or police force, while corporal is an adjective that describes something related to the body or physical aspects.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more accurately.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add depth and nuance to your descriptions.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in texts to understand their meanings and contexts better.