What is the antonym of “corroboratory”?
The antonym of corroboratory is contradictory and disproving. The antonyms contradictory and disproving convey a negative or opposite meaning to corroboratory. They imply that something is not true or does not support a claim.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing the opposite; inconsistent or incompatible.
The witness gave contradictory statements that made it hard to determine what really happened.
Showing that something is false or incorrect.
The experiment's results were disproving of the hypothesis, which meant they had to start over.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Contradictory implies that something is inconsistent or incompatible with another statement or claim.
- 2Disproving implies that something is false or incorrect and provides evidence to support that claim.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use contradictory and disproving to critique research or arguments.
- 2Debate: Incorporate antonyms in debates to argue against a claim or statement.
- 3Critical Thinking: Utilize these antonyms to evaluate evidence and determine its validity.