What is the antonym of “cosign”?
The antonyms of cosign are oppose, reject, and disapprove. The antonyms convey a negative or dissenting attitude towards an action or decision.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To be against or in conflict with something; to resist or object to something.
The opposition party will oppose the new tax bill proposed by the government.
To refuse to accept, consider, or use something; to dismiss or discard something as unacceptable.
The company decided to reject the proposal as it did not meet their requirements.
To have an unfavorable opinion or judgment about something; to express disapproval or dissatisfaction.
Her parents disapprove of her decision to drop out of college and pursue a career in music.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Oppose implies a direct conflict or resistance to something, while reject suggests a refusal to accept or consider something.
- 2Disapprove is a more general term that describes a negative opinion or judgment about something, without necessarily taking any action against it.
Good things to know
- 1Debate and Discussion: Use oppose to express disagreement and engage in debates and discussions.
- 2Decision Making: Use reject to dismiss proposals or ideas that do not meet the criteria or standards.
- 3Expressing Opinion: Use disapprove to express negative opinions or judgments about something without necessarily taking any action against it.
The antonyms of cosign are oppose, reject, and disapprove. Oppose implies direct conflict, reject suggests refusal, and disapprove conveys negative opinions. Use these words to engage in debates, make decisions, and express opinions.