The Opposite(Antonym) of “counts”
The antonyms of counts are disregards and ignores. The antonyms disregards and ignores convey a lack of attention or importance given to something. It implies that something is not taken into account or considered.
Explore all Antonyms of “counts”
Definitions and Examples of disregards, ignores
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To pay no attention to; ignore.
He disregards his doctor's advice and continues to smoke.
To refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
She ignores her colleague's rude behavior and tries to focus on her work.
Key Differences: disregards vs ignores
- 1Disregards implies a lack of attention or consideration given to something.
- 2Ignores implies a deliberate refusal to acknowledge or take notice of something.
Effective Usage of disregards, ignores
- 1In Personal Relationships: Use disregards and ignores to express when someone is not paying attention or giving importance to your feelings or needs.
- 2In Professional Settings: Utilize these antonyms to describe situations where someone is not taking into account important information or disregarding important procedures.
- 3In Academic Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in essays or research papers to contrast different perspectives or approaches to a topic.
The antonyms disregards and ignores convey a lack of attention or importance given to something. Disregards implies a lack of attention or consideration, while ignores implies a deliberate refusal to acknowledge or take notice. Use these words in personal relationships, professional settings, and academic writing to express different perspectives and approaches to a topic.