What is the antonym of “coyness”?
The antonym of coyness are boldness, confidence, and forwardness. These words describe a person's level of self-assurance and willingness to take risks.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being daring, courageous, or fearless.
His boldness in the face of danger earned him the admiration of his peers.
A feeling of self-assurance arising from one's abilities, qualities, or judgment.
She exuded confidence during her job interview and impressed the hiring manager.
The quality of being bold, assertive, or presumptuous.
His forwardness in asking for a promotion rubbed some of his colleagues the wrong way.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Boldness implies a willingness to take risks and act without fear.
- 2Confidence is a belief in oneself and one's abilities.
- 3Forwardness suggests a lack of hesitation or restraint in expressing oneself.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Development: Use these antonyms to describe your own level of self-assurance and identify areas for improvement.
- 2Social Interaction: Incorporate these words in conversations to describe other people's personalities and behaviors.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create dynamic characters and compelling stories.