What is the antonym of “crankish”?
The antonyms of crankish are good-natured and amiable. The antonyms good-natured and amiable convey a positive and friendly emotional state. It implies a pleasant and agreeable disposition.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a pleasant and friendly disposition; easy-going and amiable.
Despite the long wait, the waiter remained good-natured and kept smiling.
Having a friendly and pleasant personality; likable and easy to get along with.
She was so amiable that everyone wanted to be her friend.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Good-natured describes someone who is easy-going and amiable.
- 2Amiable describes someone who is likable and easy to get along with.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use good-natured and amiable to describe people with friendly and pleasant personalities.
- 2Show Appreciation: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to compliment someone's disposition.
- 3Enrich Storytelling: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create likable and relatable characters.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Good-natured describes someone who is easy-going and amiable, while amiable describes someone who is likable and easy to get along with. Use these words to enhance communication, show appreciation in conversations, and enrich storytelling by creating likable and relatable characters.