What is the antonym of “craved”?
The antonyms of craved are dislike, hate, and abhor. These words convey a negative feeling towards something or someone, opposite to the strong desire or longing conveyed by craved.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have a feeling of aversion or disapproval towards something or someone.
I dislike spicy food because it upsets my stomach.
To feel intense or passionate dislike towards something or someone.
I hate when people are rude to others for no reason.
To regard with disgust or hatred.
I abhor violence and believe in peaceful conflict resolution.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Dislike is a milder form of negative feeling compared to hate and abhor.
- 2Hate implies a stronger and more passionate feeling of dislike than dislike.
- 3Abhor is a more extreme form of dislike, often accompanied by a feeling of disgust or repulsion.
Good things to know
- 1Expressing Preferences: Use dislike to express mild aversions or preferences.
- 2Strong Dislike: Use hate to express a strong feeling of dislike towards something or someone.
- 3Extreme Dislike: Use abhor to express an extreme feeling of disgust or hatred towards something or someone.
The antonyms of craved are dislike, hate, and abhor. These words convey different levels of negative feelings towards something or someone. Use them to express preferences, strong dislikes, or extreme disgust or hatred.