What is the antonym of “craven”?
The antonyms of craven are brave, courageous, and valiant. These antonyms describe a person who is not afraid to face danger or difficulty, and who shows courage in the face of adversity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Ready to face and endure danger or pain; showing courage.
The firefighters were brave in their efforts to save the people trapped in the burning building.
Having or showing courage in the face of danger or difficulty.
The soldiers were courageous in their fight against the enemy, even when outnumbered.
Showing bravery or determination in the face of danger or difficulty.
The knight was valiant in his quest to rescue the princess from the dragon.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Brave implies readiness to face danger or pain, while courageous suggests facing difficulty with bravery.
- 2Valiant emphasizes determination in the face of danger or difficulty.
- 3Craven describes someone who is cowardly and lacks courage.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage Courage: Use these antonyms to inspire bravery and courage in yourself and others.
- 2Describe Characters: Use these words to describe characters in stories or movies.
- 3Express Gratitude: Use these antonyms to express gratitude towards those who have shown bravery and courage.
The antonyms of craven describe a person who is brave, courageous, and valiant. These words can be used to encourage courage, describe characters in stories or movies, and express gratitude towards those who have shown bravery and courage.