What is the antonym of “cravenhearted”?
The antonyms of cravenhearted are brave, courageous, and fearless. These words describe a person who is not afraid to face danger, difficulty, or pain.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Ready to face danger or pain without showing fear.
The firefighters were brave enough to enter the burning building and save the trapped residents.
Having or showing bravery in the face of difficulty, danger, or pain.
The soldiers displayed courageous behavior during the war, risking their lives to protect their country.
Not afraid of anything; brave and daring.
The mountain climber was fearless and climbed to the top of the peak without any hesitation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Brave implies readiness to face danger or pain without showing fear.
- 2Courageous suggests having or showing bravery in the face of difficulty, danger, or pain.
- 3Fearless describes a person who is not afraid of anything and is brave and daring.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage Bravery: Use these antonyms to inspire people to be brave and face their fears.
- 2Describe Characters: Use these words to describe characters in stories or movies who display courage and bravery.
- 3Express Gratitude: Use these words to express gratitude towards people who have shown bravery in difficult situations.
These antonyms describe a person who is not afraid to face danger, difficulty, or pain. Brave implies readiness, courageous suggests having or showing bravery, and fearless describes a person who is not afraid of anything. Use these words to encourage bravery, describe characters, and express gratitude towards people who have shown bravery.