What is the antonym of “crazed”?
The antonyms of crazed are sane, calm, and composed. The antonyms sane, calm, and composed convey a state of being rational, collected, and in control of one's emotions.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a sound mind; rational and mentally healthy.
Despite the chaos around her, she remained sane and focused on finding a solution.
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful and relaxed.
He took a deep breath to stay calm and composed during the job interview.
Having one's feelings and expression under control; calm.
She remained composed and professional despite the criticism from her colleagues.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sane refers to a state of being mentally healthy and rational.
- 2Calm describes a state of being peaceful and relaxed, not showing strong emotions.
- 3Composed refers to having one's feelings and expression under control, remaining calm and professional.
Good things to know
- 1Express Emotions: Use these antonyms to describe different emotional states.
- 2Describe Characters: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create distinct characters.
- 3Improve Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Sane conveys mental health and rationality, calm denotes peacefulness and relaxation, and composed refers to having one's feelings and expression under control. Use these words to express emotions, describe characters, and improve your vocabulary.