What is the antonym of “creditive”?
The antonyms of creditive are skeptical, distrustful, and disbelieving. These words convey a lack of trust or belief in something or someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not easily convinced; having doubts or reservations about something.
She was skeptical about the new product's effectiveness and decided to wait for reviews before buying it.
Feeling or showing a lack of trust or confidence in someone or something.
He was distrustful of politicians and believed they were only interested in their own gain.
Unable or unwilling to believe something.
She was disbelieving of the news report and thought it was fake.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Skeptical implies having doubts or reservations, while distrustful suggests a lack of trust or confidence.
- 2Disbelieving implies an unwillingness or inability to believe something, while distrustful suggests a lack of trust or confidence.
Good things to know
- 1Express Doubt: Use skeptical to express doubts or reservations about something.
- 2Show Mistrust: Use distrustful to show a lack of trust or confidence in someone or something.
- 3Express Disbelief: Use disbelieving to express an unwillingness or inability to believe something.
The antonyms of creditive have distinct nuances. Skeptical implies doubts or reservations, distrustful suggests a lack of trust or confidence, and disbelieving implies an unwillingness or inability to believe something. Use these words to express doubt, show mistrust, and express disbelief.