What is the antonym of “criticisable”?
The antonyms of criticisable are praiseworthy and commendable. These words convey a positive connotation and imply that something is deserving of admiration or approval.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Deserving of praise or admiration.
Her dedication to her work is truly praiseworthy.
Worthy of recommendation or approval.
His efforts to help the community are commendable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Praiseworthy implies that something is deserving of high praise or admiration.
- 2Commendable suggests that something is worthy of recommendation or approval.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use praiseworthy and commendable to describe positive qualities of people, actions, or things in essays, reports, or reviews.
- 2Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express admiration or approval.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
The antonyms of criticisable are praiseworthy and commendable. These words have a positive connotation and imply that something is deserving of admiration or approval. Use them in writing, speaking, and vocabulary building to express admiration or approval and expand your vocabulary.