The Opposite(Antonym) of “cruelly”
The antonyms of cruelly are kindly and compassionately. The antonyms kindly and compassionately convey a positive or benevolent emotional state. It implies a sense of kindness, empathy, and compassion towards others.
Definitions and Examples of kindly, compassionately
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a kind or generous manner; with a desire to help or benefit others.
She spoke kindly to the homeless man and offered him some food.
In a compassionate or sympathetic manner; showing concern for the suffering or misfortune of others.
The doctor treated his patients compassionately and always took time to listen to their concerns.
Key Differences: kindly vs compassionately
- 1Kindly describes a gentle and benevolent attitude towards others.
- 2Compassionately describes a sympathetic and caring attitude towards others.
Effective Usage of kindly, compassionately
- 1Express Gratitude: Use kindly and compassionately to express appreciation for someone's kindness or empathy.
- 2Encourage Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to encourage empathy and understanding towards others.
- 3Promote Positive Interactions: Utilize these antonyms to promote positive interactions and build strong relationships with others.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Kindly conveys a gentle and benevolent attitude, while compassionately describes a sympathetic and caring attitude. Use these words to express gratitude, encourage empathy, and promote positive interactions with others.