What is the antonym of “crystallised”?
The antonyms of crystallised are liquefy, melt, and dissolve. These words convey the opposite meaning of solidifying or becoming crystalline.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make or become liquid; melt.
The heat caused the ice to liquefy and turn into water.
To change from a solid to a liquid state as a result of heating or pressure.
The snow started to melt as soon as the sun came out.
To become incorporated into a liquid so as to form a solution.
The sugar will dissolve in the hot water.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Liquefy is used when a solid turns into a liquid due to heat or pressure.
- 2Melt is used when a solid changes to a liquid due to heat.
- 3Dissolve is used when a solid becomes incorporated into a liquid to form a solution.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms when discussing chemical reactions, phase changes, and states of matter.
- 2Cooking: Use these antonyms when describing the process of melting chocolate or sugar.
- 3Art: Use these antonyms when discussing the properties of different materials such as wax or clay.