What is the antonym of “cutest”?
The antonyms of cutest are ugliest and unattractive. The antonyms ugliest and unattractive convey a negative or unpleasant appearance. It implies a lack of beauty, charm, or attractiveness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unpleasant or offensive to the sight; not attractive or appealing.
The abandoned house was the ugliest building on the street.
Not pleasing or appealing to the senses, especially to the sight; lacking beauty or charm.
The new dress looked unattractive on her because it didn't fit well.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ugliest is a more extreme term that describes something that is extremely unpleasant or offensive to the sight.
- 2Unattractive is a more general term that describes something that is not pleasing or appealing to the senses.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Appearance: Use ugliest and unattractive to describe someone or something's appearance.
- 2Comparing Objects: Use these antonyms to compare two objects with opposite appearances.
- 3Giving Feedback: Use these antonyms to give feedback on someone's appearance or work.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Ugliest conveys an extreme unpleasant appearance, while unattractive denotes a general lack of beauty or charm. Use these words to describe appearance, compare objects, and give feedback on someone's appearance or work.