What is the antonym of “cutesy”?
The antonyms of cutesy are sophisticated, urbane, and worldly. These antonyms convey a sense of maturity, refinement, and worldly knowledge. They are used to describe people, things, or ideas that are elegant, cultured, and worldly-wise.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a refined knowledge of the world, culture, and the arts; showing good taste and judgment.
The museum's collection was so sophisticated that it attracted art lovers from all over the world.
Showing polished manners, elegance, and refinement; having a sophisticated and worldly-wise demeanor.
The ambassador's urbane mannerisms and impeccable dress sense impressed everyone at the reception.
Experienced in the ways of the world; having a broad and practical knowledge of life and human affairs.
His worldly knowledge of business and finance helped him make wise investments and grow his wealth.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sophisticated implies a high level of cultural and artistic refinement.
- 2Urbane describes a person who is polished, elegant, and worldly-wise.
- 3Worldly denotes a person who has practical knowledge and experience of life and human affairs.
Good things to know
- 1Describing People: Use sophisticated, urbane, and worldly to describe people who are cultured, refined, and worldly-wise.
- 2Elevating Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to add depth and nuance to descriptions.
- 3Enriching Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and communicate more effectively.
The antonyms of cutesy are sophisticated, urbane, and worldly. These words convey a sense of maturity, refinement, and worldly knowledge. Use them to describe people, things, or ideas that are elegant, cultured, and worldly-wise. Incorporate them in writing to add depth and nuance to descriptions, enrich your vocabulary, and communicate more effectively.