What is the antonym of “dated”?
The antonym of dated is modern, current, and up-to-date. The antonyms modern, current, and up-to-date convey a sense of being new, fresh, and in line with the latest trends or technology.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to the present or recent times as opposed to the remote past.
The new office building has a modern design with lots of natural light and open spaces.
Belonging to the present time; happening or existing now.
The current situation calls for immediate action to address the issue.
In accordance with the latest information, styles, or technology.
Make sure your resume is up-to-date with your most recent work experience and skills.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Modern refers to something that is current or recent, often with a focus on design or style.
- 2Current refers to something that is happening or existing now, without necessarily implying a sense of newness or freshness.
- 3Up-to-date refers to something that is in line with the latest information, trends, or technology.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use modern, current, and up-to-date to describe products, services, or processes that are innovative and cutting-edge.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about history, literature, or art to contrast past and present perspectives.
- 3Technology: Utilize these antonyms to describe software, hardware, or devices that are outdated or need upgrading.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Modern emphasizes design or style, current refers to what is happening now, and up-to-date implies being in line with the latest trends or technology. Use these words in business, education, and technology contexts to describe innovative products, contrast past and present perspectives, and identify outdated technology.