What is the antonym of “deappetizing”?
The antonyms of deappetizing are appetizing, delicious, and mouthwatering. These words describe food that is pleasing to the senses, especially the taste buds.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Appealing to the appetite or stimulating the desire to eat.
The aroma of freshly baked bread was so appetizing that it made my mouth water.
Having a pleasant taste or flavor that is enjoyable to eat.
The delicious aroma of the grilled steak made my stomach growl with hunger.
Having a taste or smell that makes one's mouth water; very appetizing.
The mouthwatering scent of the freshly baked apple pie filled the entire house.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Appetizing describes food that is visually or aromatically appealing and stimulates the desire to eat.
- 2Delicious describes food that has a pleasant taste or flavor that is enjoyable to eat.
- 3Mouthwatering describes food that has a taste or smell that makes one's mouth water and is very appetizing.
Good things to know
- 1Food Reviews: Use these antonyms to describe the taste and appeal of different dishes in food reviews.
- 2Cooking Shows: Incorporate these words in cooking shows to describe the taste and aroma of different dishes.
- 3Restaurant Menus: Use these antonyms to describe the dishes on restaurant menus and entice customers to order them.
The antonyms of deappetizing describe food that is pleasing to the senses. Appetizing describes visually or aromatically appealing food, delicious describes food that has a pleasant taste, and mouthwatering describes food that has a taste or smell that makes one's mouth water. Use these words in food reviews, cooking shows, and restaurant menus to describe the taste and appeal of different dishes.