What is the antonym of “debatable”?
The antonyms of debatable are indisputable, undeniable, and certain. These words convey a sense of certainty or truthfulness, unlike debatable, which implies that something is open to discussion or dispute.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Unable to be challenged or denied; unquestionable.
The evidence presented in court was indisputable and proved the defendant's guilt.
Impossible to deny or reject; clearly true or evident.
The impact of climate change on the environment is undeniable and requires immediate action.
Known for sure; having no doubt or uncertainty.
He was certain that he had locked the door before leaving the house.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Indisputable and undeniable are complementary antonyms that imply something is unquestionable and cannot be challenged or denied.
- 2Certain is a gradable antonym that suggests a high degree of confidence or knowledge about something.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use indisputable, undeniable, and certain to support arguments and make claims with authority.
- 2Debates and Discussions: Use debatable to introduce topics that are open to discussion and indisputable or undeniable to refute opposing arguments.
- 3Daily Conversations: Use these antonyms to express certainty or doubt about facts, events, or opinions.
The antonyms of debatable are indisputable, undeniable, and certain. Use indisputable and undeniable to describe something that is unquestionable, and certain to express a high degree of confidence or knowledge. These words can be used in academic writing, debates and discussions, and daily conversations to convey certainty or doubt about facts, events, or opinions.