What is the antonym of “debtful”?
The antonyms of debtful are certain, definite, and trustworthy. The antonyms certain, definite, and trustworthy convey a positive or confident state of mind. It implies a lack of doubt, uncertainty, or suspicion.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having no doubt; confident and sure.
She was certain that she had locked the door before leaving the house.
Clearly defined or determined; not vague or uncertain.
The meeting time was definite and could not be changed.
Deserving of trust or confidence; reliable and dependable.
He is a trustworthy person who always keeps his promises.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Certain implies complete confidence and no doubt.
- 2Definite implies clarity and precision.
- 3Trustworthy implies reliability and dependability.
Good things to know
- 1Express Confidence: Use certain, definite, and trustworthy to convey a positive and confident state of mind.
- 2Make Assurances: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to assure others of your reliability and dependability.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a more precise and clear message.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Certain conveys complete confidence, definite denotes clarity and precision, and trustworthy refers to reliability and dependability. Use these words to express confidence, make assurances, and enrich writing by creating a more precise and clear message.