What is the antonym of “decadency”?
The antonyms of decadency are prosperity, growth, and advancement. The antonyms prosperity, growth, and advancement convey a positive or flourishing state. It implies progress, development, and success.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being successful or thriving, especially in financial terms.
The company's prosperity was evident from its impressive profits and expanding business.
The process of increasing in size, quantity, or degree; development.
The growth of the population led to an increase in demand for housing and other resources.
The process of making progress or moving forward in one's career, education, or social status.
He was thrilled to receive a promotion that marked his advancement in the company.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Prosperity refers to financial success and thriving in business or personal life.
- 2Growth denotes the process of increasing in size, quantity, or degree.
- 3Advancement refers to making progress or moving forward in one's career, education, or social status.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use prosperity to describe a successful and thriving business.
- 2Economy: Use growth to describe the expansion of the economy or a particular industry.
- 3Career: Use advancement to describe progress in one's career or education.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Prosperity conveys financial success, growth denotes the process of increasing in size or quantity, and advancement refers to progress in one's career or education. Use these words in business, economy, and career contexts to convey a positive or flourishing state.