Definitions and Examples of poorly, badly, inadequately
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In an unsatisfactory or inadequate way.
He performed poorly in the exam and failed to get good grades.
In a poor, unsatisfactory, or unpleasant way.
She felt badly about forgetting her friend's birthday and apologized immediately.
In a way that is not sufficient or suitable for a particular purpose.
The company's budget was inadequately allocated, resulting in a shortage of resources.
Key Differences: poorly vs badly vs inadequately
- 1Poorly suggests a lack of quality or ability to perform a task.
- 2Badly implies a negative outcome or unpleasant experience.
- 3Inadequately indicates that something is insufficient or not suitable for a particular purpose.
Effective Usage of poorly, badly, inadequately
- 1Improve Communication: Use these antonyms to express the opposite meaning of doing something in a satisfactory or acceptable manner.
- 2Provide Feedback: Use these antonyms to provide constructive feedback on someone's performance.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in writing and speaking to enhance vocabulary skills.
The antonyms of decently are poorly, badly, and inadequately. These antonyms have different nuances: poorly suggests a lack of quality or ability, badly implies a negative outcome, and inadequately indicates insufficiency. Use these words to improve communication, provide feedback, and enrich vocabulary skills.