What is the antonym of “declasse”?
The antonym of declasse are prestigious, esteemed, and respected. These antonyms convey a sense of high status, honor, and respectability.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a high reputation or honor; respected.
The Nobel Prize is one of the most prestigious awards in the world.
Highly respected or admired.
The professor was an esteemed member of the academic community.
Held in high regard or admiration.
The doctor was a respected member of the medical profession.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Prestigious implies a high level of honor or distinction, often associated with awards, titles, or achievements.
- 2Esteemed suggests a high level of respect or admiration, often associated with personal qualities such as wisdom, experience, or expertise.
- 3Respected conveys a sense of admiration or regard, often associated with reputation, character, or accomplishments.
Good things to know
- 1Express Admiration: Use prestigious, esteemed, and respected to express admiration for people, institutions, or achievements.
- 2Highlight Achievements: Incorporate these antonyms in resumes, cover letters, or job interviews to highlight achievements and qualifications.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms in writing or speaking to expand vocabulary and improve communication skills.
The antonyms prestigious, esteemed, and respected convey a sense of high status, honor, and respectability. Use these words to express admiration, highlight achievements, and enrich vocabulary in writing or speaking.