What is the antonym of “decolorize”?
The antonyms of decolorize are colorize, dye, and stain. These words are used to describe the process of adding or removing color from an object or surface.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To add color to a black and white image or object.
The old family photos were colorized to bring them to life.
To add color to a material by soaking it in a solution.
She decided to dye her hair blonde for the summer.
To add color to a material by applying a liquid that penetrates its surface.
He accidentally stained his shirt with red wine during dinner.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Colorize is used specifically for adding color to black and white images or objects.
- 2Dye is used for adding color to materials such as hair, fabric, or paper.
- 3Stain is used for adding color to materials by applying a liquid that penetrates its surface, such as wood or clothing.
Good things to know
- 1Art and Design: Use colorize to add color to black and white images or objects.
- 2Fashion and Beauty: Use dye to change the color of hair or fabric.
- 3Home Improvement: Use stain to add color to wood or other materials.
The antonyms colorize, dye, and stain are used to add color to different materials. Colorize is used for black and white images or objects, dye is used for hair or fabric, and stain is used for wood or other materials. Use these words in art and design, fashion and beauty, and home improvement contexts.