Definitions and Examples of protection, security, safety
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of keeping someone or something safe from harm, damage, or injury.
The police provided protection to the witnesses in the high-profile case.
The state of being free from danger or threat; the measures taken to protect against theft, espionage, or sabotage.
The company invested heavily in security measures to prevent cyber attacks.
The condition of being protected from harm, injury, or danger.
The workers were required to wear helmets and safety gear to ensure their safety on the construction site.
Key Differences: protection vs security vs safety
- 1Protection refers to the act of keeping someone or something safe from harm, while security refers to the measures taken to protect against theft, espionage, or sabotage.
- 2Safety is a more general term that refers to the condition of being protected from harm, injury, or danger.
Effective Usage of protection, security, safety
- 1Discussing Safety Measures: Use protection, security, and safety to discuss measures taken to ensure safety and security.
- 2Describing Emotions: Use these antonyms to describe how one feels when they feel safe and secure.
- 3Talking About Personal Safety: Use these words to talk about personal safety and ways to stay safe in different situations.
The antonyms of defencelessness are protection, security, and safety. These words convey a sense of safety and security, indicating that one is protected from harm or danger. Use these words to discuss safety measures, describe emotions, and talk about personal safety.