What is the antonym of “delectable”?
The antonyms of delectable are unappetizing and disgusting. The antonyms unappetizing and disgusting convey a negative or unpleasant taste or flavor. It implies a lack of enjoyment, satisfaction, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not appealing or appetizing in appearance, smell, or taste.
The food looked unappetizing and smelled stale.
Causing intense revulsion or disgust; repulsive.
The smell of the garbage was so disgusting that it made me feel nauseous.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unappetizing describes food that is not appealing or appetizing in appearance, smell, or taste.
- 2Disgusting describes something that causes intense revulsion or disgust.
Good things to know
- 1Food Criticism: Use these antonyms to describe food that you don't like or find unappealing.
- 2Restaurant Reviews: Incorporate these antonyms in restaurant reviews to provide feedback on the quality of food.
- 3Cooking Shows: Utilize these antonyms in cooking shows to describe what not to do when preparing food.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unappetizing describes food that is not appealing or appetizing, while disgusting describes something that causes intense revulsion or disgust. Use these words to provide feedback on food quality, describe what not to do when preparing food, or criticize food.