Definitions and Examples of carelessness, haste
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lack of attention or thoughtfulness; not taking proper care.
Due to his carelessness, he lost his wallet and had to cancel all his credit cards.
Excessive speed or urgency in doing something; rushing.
Due to the deadline, she worked with haste and made several mistakes.
Key Differences: carelessness vs haste
- 1Carelessness is a lack of attention or thoughtfulness, while deliberation is careful consideration and thought.
- 2Haste is excessive speed or urgency, while deliberation is a slow and thoughtful process.
Effective Usage of carelessness, haste
- 1Writing: Use deliberation to describe a thoughtful and careful process, while carelessness can be used to describe a lack of attention or thoughtfulness.
- 2Speaking: Use haste to describe a sense of urgency or impatience, while deliberation can be used to describe a slow and thoughtful process.
- 3Everyday Life: Incorporate these antonyms in everyday conversations to express different emotions and situations.
The antonyms of deliberation are carelessness and haste. Use carelessness to describe a lack of attention or thoughtfulness, and haste to convey a sense of urgency or impatience. Use deliberation to describe a thoughtful and careful process.