What is the antonym of “delightsome”?
The antonyms of delightsome are unpleasant, disagreeable, and unappealing. These words describe things that are not enjoyable or pleasing to the senses.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Causing discomfort, pain, or revulsion; not enjoyable or pleasing.
The smell of rotten eggs is unpleasant and makes me feel sick.
Not pleasant or agreeable; causing discomfort or annoyance.
The weather was disagreeable with heavy rain and strong winds.
Not attractive or interesting; not likely to arouse curiosity or desire.
The food looked unappealing with its dull color and unappetizing presentation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unpleasant describes something that causes discomfort, pain, or revulsion.
- 2Disagreeable describes something that causes annoyance or discomfort.
- 3Unappealing describes something that is not attractive or interesting.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Experiences: Use these antonyms to describe unpleasant experiences.
- 2Expressing Dislike: Use these antonyms to express dislike or dissatisfaction.
- 3Giving Feedback: Use these antonyms to provide constructive feedback on products or services.
The antonyms of delightsome are unpleasant, disagreeable, and unappealing. Use these words to describe unpleasant experiences, express dislike or dissatisfaction, and provide constructive feedback on products or services.