What is the antonym of “denouncing”?
The antonyms of denouncing are praise and commend. The antonyms praise and commend convey a positive or approving attitude towards someone or something. They imply admiration, approval, or respect.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To express approval or admiration for someone or something.
The teacher praised the student for her excellent performance in the exam.
To express approval or recommendation for someone or something.
The manager commended the employee for his hard work and dedication to the company.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Praise is a general term that describes an expression of approval or admiration.
- 2Commend is a more specific term that implies a recommendation or endorsement of someone or something.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use praise and commend to show appreciation for someone's efforts.
- 2Motivate Others: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to encourage and inspire others.
- 3Provide Feedback: Utilize these antonyms in evaluations to provide constructive criticism and positive reinforcement.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Praise conveys general approval, while commend implies a recommendation or endorsement. Use these words to express gratitude, motivate others, and provide feedback in a positive and constructive way.