What is the antonym of “deodorize”?
The antonym of deodorize is odorize and stink up. The antonyms odorize and stink up convey a negative or unpleasant smell. It implies the presence of an odor that is not pleasant.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To add a scent or fragrance to something.
She likes to odorize her laundry with lavender oil.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Odorize is a term used to describe adding a pleasant scent to something.
- 2Stink up is a term used to describe something that has a strong, unpleasant smell.
Good things to know
- 1Cleaning: Use deodorize to remove unpleasant smells from surfaces, fabrics, or spaces.
- 2Perfumes and Fragrances: Use odorize to add pleasant scents to perfumes, candles, or cleaning products.
- 3Describing Smells: Use stink up to describe unpleasant smells in a humorous or informal way.