What is the antonym of “deontic”?
The antonyms of deontic are unethical, immoral, and wrong. These antonyms describe actions or behaviors that are not in accordance with moral principles or ethical standards.
See all the antonyms of “deontic”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not conforming to accepted moral standards or principles.
It is unethical to use someone else's work without giving them credit.
Contrary to accepted moral principles; wicked or evil.
Cheating on a test is considered immoral and can lead to serious consequences.
Not correct or true; not morally right.
Stealing is wrong and can result in legal action.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unethical refers to actions that do not conform to accepted moral standards or principles.
- 2Immoral describes actions that are contrary to accepted moral principles and are considered wicked or evil.
- 3Wrong refers to actions that are not correct or true and are not morally right.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Ethics: Use these antonyms to discuss ethical dilemmas and moral principles.
- 2Express Disapproval: Use these antonyms to express disapproval of actions or behaviors that go against moral principles.
- 3Legal Contexts: Use these antonyms in legal contexts to describe actions that are not in accordance with the law.