What is the antonym of “departed”?
The antonym of departed is alive, present, and existing. The antonyms alive, present, and existing convey a state of being that is opposite to departed. They imply that someone or something is still here, in the present moment, and not gone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having life; living; not dead.
The baby bird was barely alive when we found it on the ground.
Existing or occurring now; in the present time.
The teacher asked the students to be present for the final exam.
Having objective reality or being in actuality; not imaginary.
The company has been in existing for over 50 years.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Alive describes something that has life and is not dead.
- 2Present describes something that exists or occurs now, in the present time.
- 3Existing describes something that has objective reality and is not imaginary.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use alive, present, and existing to describe things that are still here or happening now.
- 2Show Understanding: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Utilize these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Alive describes something that has life, present describes something that exists now, and existing describes something that has objective reality. Use these words to enhance communication, show understanding in conversations, and enrich your vocabulary.