What is the antonym of “derisive”?
The antonyms of derisive are complimentary and praising. The antonyms complimentary and praising convey a positive or approving attitude. It implies admiration, respect, or appreciation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing admiration, praise, or approval.
She received a complimentary letter from her boss for her excellent performance.
Expressing warm approval, admiration, or commendation.
The teacher gave a praising speech to the students for their hard work and dedication.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Complimentary is a term that describes an expression of admiration or approval.
- 2Praising is a term that describes an expression of warm approval, admiration, or commendation.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use complimentary and praising to express approval or admiration effectively.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect and appreciation.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create positive and uplifting stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Complimentary conveys admiration or approval, while praising expresses warm approval, admiration, or commendation. Use these words to enhance communication, show respect and appreciation in conversations, and enrich writing by creating positive and uplifting stories.