Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Joined or fastened to something else; connected.
The photo was attached to the email she sent.
Having a relationship or association with someone or something.
She felt connected to her hometown, even though she had moved away.
Participating or taking part in something.
He was heavily involved in organizing the charity event.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Attached refers to being physically connected to something.
- 2Connected implies a relationship or association with someone or something.
- 3Involved suggests actively participating in something.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use attached and connected to describe emotional connections with people.
- 2Work: Use involved to describe participation in projects or tasks.
- 3Real Estate: Use attached to describe properties that share a wall or structure.
The antonyms of detached are attached, connected, and involved. These words have different nuances: Attached refers to physical connection, connected implies a relationship or association, and involved suggests active participation. Use these words to describe relationships, work, or real estate properties.