What is the antonym of “deters”?
The antonym of deters are encourage, persuade, and motivate. These words convey the opposite meaning of deters, which is to prevent or discourage someone from doing something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To give support, confidence, or hope to someone to do something.
His parents always encourage him to pursue his dreams.
To convince someone to do or believe something through reasoning or argument.
She tried to persuade her friend to join her in the dance competition.
To provide a reason or incentive for someone to do something.
The promise of a promotion motivated him to work harder.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Encourage means to give support or hope to someone to do something.
- 2Persuade means to convince someone to do or believe something through reasoning or argument.
- 3Motivate means to provide a reason or incentive for someone to do something.
Good things to know
- 1In Education: Use encourage and motivate to inspire students to learn and achieve their goals.
- 2In Sales: Use persuade to convince customers to buy a product or service.
- 3In Management: Use motivate to encourage employees to work harder and achieve better results.
The antonyms of deters are encourage, persuade, and motivate. Use these words to inspire, convince, or incentivize someone to do something. In education, sales, or management, these antonyms can be used to achieve better results.