What is the antonym of “devest”?
The antonyms of devest are clothe, adorn, and endow. These words convey the opposite meaning of devest, which means to strip someone or something of possessions, rights, or attributes.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To provide someone or something with clothes or covering.
She decided to clothe her baby in a warm sweater and pants.
To decorate or add beauty to something.
The bride's hair was adorned with a beautiful tiara.
To provide someone or something with a particular quality or attribute.
The scholarship will endow the student with financial support for their studies.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clothe is the act of providing clothing or covering to someone or something.
- 2Adorn is the act of decorating or adding beauty to something.
- 3Endow is the act of providing someone or something with a particular quality or attribute.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express the opposite meaning of devest effectively.
- 2Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Improve Writing: Utilize these antonyms to create vivid descriptions and imagery in your writing.
The antonyms of devest are clothe, adorn, and endow. Use clothe to provide clothing or covering, adorn to decorate or add beauty, and endow to provide a particular quality or attribute. Incorporate these antonyms in your communication to enhance your vocabulary and improve your writing by creating vivid descriptions and imagery.